The Spray Foam Insulation Experts
Are you in need of spray foam insulation? Alcal Home Division has the experts and professionals you need for quality work. We offer free inspections and competitive pricing with energy efficiency always in mind. Learn more about spray foam and its benefits below.
Attic Insulation - Floors of Vented Attics in Cold/Dry Climates:
Stack effect occurs when heated air escapes through the ceiling into the attic from upper levels of the home and is replaced in lower levels of the home by drawn-in, outdoor air. This occurs with conventional insulation types, such as fiberglass and cellulose, because they don’t meet air barrier standards (based on air permeability testing, ASTM E 283). Therefore they don’t sufficiently stop air flow/leaks like Icynene® spray foam insulation does, and they can sag or settle over time.
In heavy snowfall areas, ice damming is a common problem due to warm, moist interior air coming into contact with the cold roof surface, where the moisture then condenses and freezes.
Results of Insulating Attic Floor with Spray Foam Insulation:
- Improves in energy performance for savings of up to 50%
- Minimizes potential for water/moisture damage and associated health concerns (mold) that can result from ice dams
Crawl Space Insulation:
Crawl spaces may be insulated in two main ways. The ceiling of the crawl space may be insulated for a vented crawl space, which minimizes heating and cooling costs. Or the walls of the crawl space may be insulated for an unvented crawl space, in which case the space will get some conditioning from the rest of the house. Spray foam can be used in either application.
- Cold and uncomfortable floors
- Sagging insulation materials
- Possible moisture build-up on floor insulation if conventional material (other than spray foam insulation) is used
- Buckling hardwood floors
For Crawl Space HVAC Systems:
- Sweating ductwork
- Energy loss due to leaky ductwork/HVAC inefficiency
Results of Using Spray Foam for Home Insulation:
- Even floor temperatures for added comfort
- Spray foam insulation allows for a seamless bond with the substrate, free from sagging or voids of any kind. This means an evenly heated/cooled floor and interior space for optimal comfort.
- Ensures that your home doesn't suffer from air loss while providing an effective R-Value
- Conditioned area for ductwork and air handlers allows the HVAC equipment to operate more efficiently, increasing energy savings
- Effective air-seal in difficult-to-insulate areas
- Increased durability of the structure
For crawl space HVAC systems:
- Conditioned area for ductwork and air handlers, allowing the HVAC equipment to operate more efficiently for increased energy savings
- Minimized infiltration of air and accompanying moisture, preventing condensing on the ductwork
- Circulation of cleaner air inside the home
Contact Alcal Home Division for more information on spray foam insulation. Residents can rely on us for exceptional, personalized service and high-quality work. Call or stop by today!